As you know, I love baking bread at home and today’s bread is my favorite bread that I’ve made so far. It is so beautiful and eye-catching. Your friends and family will think you’ve put a lot of effort in making it,but in fact, it is not that difficult! After doing it once, you’ll get the hang of it quickly and you can make it again without even looking at the recipe.
SO without further adieu, I present to you probably the most stunning bread ever! 😀
3.5 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons dried yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons light olive oil
1. Pour 350 warm water in a jug and mix in the yeast. Then, add the oil and stir.
2. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add the water mixture to the dry ingredients and combine to form a rough dough.
4. Transfer to a table and knead until you get a soft dough.
5. Place the dough back in the bowl, cover and let sit for 1 hr until doubled in size.
6. Transfer the dough to a table, punch it back and then divide it to 6 equal segments.
7. Roll each segment into a 25 cm cylinder.
8. Place the cylinders in cross shape like this:
9. Fold the top left portion over the cross:
10. Bring the top right portion under the cross, then over the shorter hand:
11. Bring the outermost left hand over:
12. Bring the outermost right hand under, then over:
13. Bring the outermost left hand over:
14. Pinch the remaining segments together so there aren’t any loose cylinders:
15. Turn the dough over and VOILAAA!!
16. Brush with water (or egg) and sprinkle some sesame or poppy seeds on top if you like.
17. Cover and let rise for 30-45 minutes.
18. Preheat the oven to 220C.
19. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
20. ENJOY!!!! ~~~~~ 🙂