I was so excited last night to find out that a lovely lady, called Colleen, of Royal Icing Diaries , has nominated me for a Liebster Award, my first ever blogging award!!! 🙂 I’m so thankful to her, this just encourages me to blog more and bring you more recipes that you all enjoy cooking and eating!
Colleen is magnificent in cookie decorating. Honestly, I had never seen cookies made so impeccably, they’re almost too pretty to eat!
Liebster award recognizes emerging blogs with less than 200 followers, and aims to attract more attention to them. Liebster is a German word meaning “dearest” or “sweetest”, so you definitely feel special receiving it! 😛
It was only a couple of months ago that I thought I give blogging a go and to be honest, I was a bit intimated by the idea! But, I have come to find it as my favorite hobby. As they say, “Love only grows by sharing” and when I share a dish that I truly love, and see how much other people have liked it too, it just makes my day and makes me want to learn more and cook more !
Now, there are three rules in accepting this award: I have to answer 10 questions asked by the person who has nominated me, nominate 10 other blogs, and submit 10 questions for each of them to answer.
So here are my answers to Colleen’s questions:
1. What is your favorite dish that you make at home?
Tahcheen, which is a layers of Saffron rice and marinated chicken, complete with tahdig on top! It’s a dish that you definitely can’t find it in any of the restaurants here in Melbourne.
2. If you could pick one person to spend the day with who would it be and what would you do?
Living on the other side of the planet to most of my relatives, I’m gonna be a bit greedy in answering this question!! I’ll pick that day to spend it with all of my relatives who I haven’t seen in a very long time! I think we’ll have plenty to talk about!
3. If you could pick one person to cook/bake with for a day who would it be and what would you make?
Jamie Oliver, he has a way of cooking, that makes you hungry! You can see his passion for cooking, that’s the style of cooking that I like, without complications, and mouthwatering!
I would love to make a whole feast, not just one dish, and maybe Mexican, since that’s my second favorite cuisine 😀
4. What is your favorite type of cuisine?
That has to be Persian/Iranian. After all, it’s in my DNA to like it! It’s the food I grew up, and thanks to amazing cooking of my mom and grandma.
5. What is your favorite tool or gadget in your kitchen?
My oven! I bake breads quite often with it and when the smell of fresh bread fills the house, in my opinion, that makes any house more “homey”.
6. Do you prefer to entertain at home or go to someone else’s home, and why?
I love both! I like cooking for other people, because I enjoy hearing them oohing and awwing over what I’ve cooked for them 😀 I also love going to other people houses, because I’m curious to see how different they cook and maybe learn a thing or two 😀
7. Do you like to cook, bake, or both?
Both, I cook everyday and bake bread quite often too. As for baking sweets, I try to watch what I eat, so that’s the only reason keeping me from baking a dessert for each day of my week! 😆
8. Do you have a go-to ingredient that you always keep on hand?
Saffron! I use it in a lot of main dishes, such as rice and stews. You can also use it to make desserts, and drinks.
9. How did you learn to cook/bake?
From my mom and grandma, they are amazing cooks, my mom cooks more multicultural dishes, and my grandma’s Iranian sweets are just so heavenly!
I’ve also learnt quite a few turkish dishes from my dad’s side of family.
10. If you could give one bit of advice to a new food blogger what would it be?
Write about what you love to cook and enjoy eating. If you can, use pictures for each step. I think in cooking, that’s really helpful, compared to just reading a series of instructions and that’s why I do it on my blog too. Apart from that, just have fun and everyone will love it!
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. I feel like you all know me a bit more now!
Now, the ten blogs I am nominating for the Liebster award are:
1. My Cooking Instinct by Sylvie
2. Rise of the Sour Dough Preacher by Lou
3. Amore, Zuccherro, e Cannella by Alessia
4. Amal Kitchen by Aryana
5. Bonne Table by Julie
6. Pleadings and Pasta
7. Honeybee’s Patisserie by Melissa
8. Melbourne Food Files by Sarah
9. Dried Red Chillies by Salama
10. Jo the Tart Queen by Jo
And my questions for each of these bloggers are:
1. Why do you love cooking/baking?
2. How young were you when you first learned how to cook/bake?
3. Have you ever taken any cooking/baking classes, or is your cooking/baking skills self-taught?
4. What is your one favourite thing that you will eat, morning or night, any day of the week, without hesitation?
5. What is the one food that you won’t ever want to eat?
6. What is the most interesting dish you’ve ever eaten/cooked?
7. Of the popular TV chefs/cooking authors, who do you follow most?
8. Do you like experimenting with cuisines of other cultures, or do you stick to your own cuisine?
9. Do you cook/bake everyday?
10. What is a dish that you would like to learn how to cook/bake?
Thank you all for reading my post. I can’t wait to bring you more recipes of delicious food and hopefully inspire you to try them for yourself too. If you have time, please check out Colleen’s blog here.
Have an awesome day everyone! 🙂