Are you in the mood for a delicious,beautiful, simple AND healthy dessert???Then, this recipe is for you!! 😀
This dessert, like my ICE IN PARADISE, is super easy, and requires only 4 ingredients.
Using saffron, in my opinion, makes it a very elegant dessert too.
Of course, there’s nothing stopping you from serving it with a big scoop of icecream and make it an indulgent dessert too 😉
(Recipe adapted from Jenni Fleetwood & Josephine Bacon)
2 Bosc pears
3 tablespoons honey
Pinch of saffron
Juice of 1/4 lemon
1 cup water
1. Pick a pan in which the pears just fit.
2. Heat the honey with lemon juice in the pan until the lemon juice has dissolved.
3. Add water and saffron, stir and bring to boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, peel the pears, leaving the stems on.
6. Add them to the pan, making sure the are as much immersed in the liquid as possible.
7. Simmer for 20 minutes, while basting and turning the pears every few minutes.
8. Let cool in the pan. I like to serve them cool, after they have been in the fridge for a few hours, but you can also serve them at room temperature.
9. Garnish with fresh berries or even a scoop or two of your favourite ice cream! Enjoy!! 🙂
NOTE 1: This dessert is sweet and sour. If you prefer it to be completely sweet, just omit the lemon juice.
16 thoughts on “Saffron & Honey Poached Pears”
Ice in Paradise is yummy:) Glad to see ur blog.
I agree! It’s quite heavenly 😉 thanks for dropping by my blog! Have a lovely day 🙂
It looks very delicious&usefull
Thank you! 🙂 it’s very useful for satisfying that after dinner “something sweet” craving 😉 😛
Hi Parisa darling,
I tried it at your house. It was fabulous. You can cut the pear the same as the strawberry in a round way and press it to the plate a little bit to make it lie down on the plate beside its companions. However, yours has more varieties in shapes.
Thank you so much! I’m glad you liked it 🙂 Yes, I know what you mean! I saw it on Masterchef website. Next time, I’ll give it a go! 😉
I’m very in love of this dish,my compliment!!
Thank you!! So am I !! 😛 have a lovely day, thanks for dropping by 🙂
The like button is not working for me. I think I have to log out and try again.
Meanwhile I love this poached pear with saffron. It looks so delicious. It’s high time I poached some pears too. Thank you for posting this and enjoy the rest of your week!
That’s alright Liz, WordPress on my phone sometimes acts funny too! This dessert is one of my favorites too 😉 Thanks so much for commenting, have a lovely Tuesday 🙂
The like button worked today, ha ha. Have a great time!
These look absolutely gorgeous.
Thank you so much Salama! I absolutely loved your pita breads! 🙂 Thanks for dropping by my blog, hope you come back! have a lovely day 😉
Just in time for pear season!
Yes, I love pears! And poaching them makes them so soft and delicious! Thanks for dropping by! Hope you come back 🙂 have a lovely day!